Thursday, May 10, 2007

Grace

I was reading a article tonight by John Feinberg, a professor at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. His article was about facing the evil that we all have to face in this world. He starts out explaining his own experiences. When he met his wife, her mother was in a mental hospital. They both asked why she was there and no answers were given. His wife was tested for any genetic diseases that she might have before they decided to get married. Nothing showed up. Then when they decided to have children they did the same thing, again nothing. But it was not long after they had their third child that his wife started to get a twitching in her shoulder. She went to the doctor when it got worse, and was then diagnosed with Huntington's Disease. Come to find out that before they were married, her mother had already been diagnosed with this disease, but they were not informed of it. They were both very distraught. How could this have happened? The is a chance that their children could also have this disease since it is genetic. Throughout the article Feinberg goes through how God gave him peace in this time of trouble. I could go into more detail, but mainly I just wanted to give a brief summary of this article to give a little background to a quote of his that really struck me. He said "I don't need to know tomorrow's evil, because I don't yet have tomorrow's grace."

No comments: