Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Parenthood


I do not believe that I knew what true exhaustion was before I had children. It seems that lately sleep has turned from a necessity to a luxury. I find myself craving sleep like one would crave the finest swiss chocolate. If I can only get a small taste of it I would feel like I was on top of the world.

Last night at 2 in the morning not a single person in the Jones household was asleep. Daniel had an accident and his sheets and clothes were soaked in urine. Monica was up screaming her head off hungry. We had Daniel in the bathtub washing himself up. Brandon was changing the sheets and trying to get his bed back in order, and I was feeding the baby. Finally we got everyone all settled down and back into bed. After laying down I looked at the clock in disgust. I knew that in just a couple short hours Monica would be up again hungry. I tried to dismiss this thought and go to sleep so that I could get just a little bit of rest before my day started. Sure enough at 5:15 Monica woke up crying and hungry again. I took her out of the bedroom to feed her in the living room. After she ate and was up for a little while I laid down on the couch in pure exhaustion. Apparently we both fell asleep because I woke up about an hour later to the sound of Brandon taking this picture.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I loved your updates. The pictures of the kids are precious. I am sure Daniel loves that HE HAS A BABY SISTER. If someone comes up to us in the grocery store, Madelyn will say "That is MY brother." Nice stroller. Try putting her in the swing at 5 or so and that is how we managed with Brennan because he slept so much better in the swing, so once early morning hit, that is where he went. Miss you!