Today is my sisters birthday. What does it mean to be a sister? My past is full of fun and exciting memories and they all involve my sister. As I think back a few come to mind. We used to play that our bikes were horses and ride them all over the yard. We also used to "build houses" by outlining fire wood on the ground in the yard. We would have all kinds of rooms, including kitchens, bathrooms, and bedrooms. I used to get yelled out a lot for "walking through the walls" instead of using the designated doors. I remember one time we were in the kitchen late at night jump roping. Andrea had just finished drinking a lot of water so her belly was making swooshing noises as she jumped. She thought it was me making the noise. When we found out it was her belly we had a good laugh. We used to lay in bed and talk for hours when we were supposed to be sleeping. We would play on the trampoline, and in the fort.
As we grew up our childhood friendship developed into a more mature friendship. Andrea was there to help me adjust to being at boarding school. She was also there for me when I was making the transition to college. She was there for a late night "crisis" phone call, or just for a hug to tell me everything was going to be alright. She has always been there for me. Today I talk to my sister almost every day. I am not sure what I would do without her friendship, her advice, her fun loving laughs and smiles. I always look forward to the next time we can talk. I love her with all my heart. So back to my original question, What does it mean to be a sister? I guess it is more than just being related to a person by blood, it is being connected to that person by heart. I love you Andrea. I hope you have a blessed birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment