Over the weekend I developed a cold, and so of course when Monday morning came I did not wake up a super grump. I also did not allow my daughters to watch 2 hours of television right after breakfast. Our van has been broken and we have had an infestation of carpenter bees in the backyard. After realizing that they needed it I took the girls outside to play. I did not decide to mess with the bees by spraying them with ant bug spray, causing them to get angry and fly straight for my baby. I totally did not scream like a little girl telling Monica to run as fast as she could back in the house, giving her an even bigger fear of "flying bugs".
Also this week while cooking I realized that I had not seen my toddler for about 2 minutes, which is very rare as she is usually more than willing to follow me around the house crying at my feet. After looking for her I happened to glance out the window, and did not see her running across a street toward the neighbors trampoline. I ran out of the house after her and she just kept on running. The other neighborhood kids thought it was funny, and of course I did not yell at them telling them that it was NOT funny. I also did not yell at Daniel for not checking to make sure the screen door was shut all the way after leaving the house. I would never yell at my kids for doing "kid things", nope not me!
On Friday I did not lose track of time and my son did not come home from school to a locked door and was frantically knocking while I was in the bathroom. When I came out I heard him knocking and when I opened the door he did not say to me "mom you took too long and I just pooped my pants." Of course I did not freak out as my son stood embarrassed and upset on the front porch. I also did not call him a baby to his sister later. I would never demean my children in front of each other. I DID apologize to him for my bad behavior and asked him for forgiveness and we prayed together. That was a great ending to a traumatic event.
2 comments:
See? Don't you feel better already?!?
Post a Comment