Friday, September 02, 2011

The month of August


Well it has been a while since I blogged. So much has been going on in our lives over the past month. I am considering starting a new blog under a different name since I am no longer a seminary wife. Maybe I will be better at updating it? ☺

Okay so this past month, my daughter turned 4, my husband turned 33 and we celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. Daniel started second grade with much hesitation. I guess school’s newness has rubbed off and he did not want to go. He cried for several days saying he just wanted to stay home. It was hard to send him off to school with tears in his eyes, but I knew he would be okay. He has a great teacher and his best friend is in his class. After being in school a few weeks he has adjusted and is finally starting to enjoy going again. He also started his second season of soccer. He is on the same team as the spring and they won their first game! GO RAPTORS! Currently my poor baby is struggling with poison ivy all over his face! His eyes are swollen and I don’t know how he has the will power not to itch it.

Monica starts preschool next week and she is super excited. She wants to go to school so bad and she is looking forward to being a big kid. She has a really nice teacher who is a retired elementary school teacher. I met her at a parents meeting, and Monica will get a chance to meet her on Wednesday.

Olivia is growing bigger every day. She is 100% toddler and has already entered the terrible twos. She demands things her way or the highway! She climbs on everything and thinks that she can do anything her brother can do. At the playgrounds she is climbing up 7-foot tall ladders and going down slides like it is no big deal! It scares me to death, but she has no fear of anything.

Brandon is working on his book. He will have his final manuscript in by October 15th, and has been busy every evening editing. This month has brought some exciting and scary news all at once. After a year of praying for a place for us to minister all of a sudden two churches, both in South Dakota are interested in Brandon. Both of them have their strengths and weaknesses, and we are just praying for wisdom as we all come down to the final decisions. One church is meeting next week and will chose 2 of the 3 remaining candidates to come out to the church for a weekend. The other church has zoned in on Brandon and before bringing him out there they will show a DVD of one of his sermons to the church on September 11th. The church will vote and if they vote for him they will bring us out for a weekend to meet the people and final decisions will be made. I have had so many mixed feelings as I want to move on, but at the same time we are grounded here now and moving on is hard. I am excited that God has been faithful to our prayers, and we pray that no matter where we end up, at either of these place, or neither, that we will be in a place that will be healthy and we can enjoy serving. Please pray with us as this process continues.

Living with the possibility of moving is hard. I want to enroll the kids in Awana, and settle into our routines for the year, but it is hard to know what to do. We are trying to just go day by day continuing as if we will be here, but in the back of my mind I am thinking of the possibility of moving.
Well there you have it, my first update in a month. I do wonder sometimes if anyone even checks this anymore, as I have been horrible at updating. I thank you all for your faithful following and interest in our family. Goodnight for now, and hopefully not for long!



1 comment:

Andrea said...

I read it! You can re-name this blog....so you don't lose all the memories you already have....:)