What is the sin that so easily entangles? What exactly does that mean? Is it a big sin, or a little is? Is there really a difference? What does it mean when the bible says that throw off the sin that so easily entangles?
This has been the focus of our studies the last couple Sundays at church. Every day I find myself pondering what it is about our culture that is robbing us for a full relationship with Christ. I see it over and over again. We are convinced it is okay to over indulge in everything.
Why is it that people think that you have to own your own house by the ripe old age of 22? Why is it that people find it acceptable to over eat all the time? Why is it acceptable to watch movies where women are showing their breasts, or the scenes that take sex, which is a beautiful thing in context, and turn it into a show that causes people to ponder if they are missing something? How is it that we find it okay to watch hour upon hour of television, or play hour upon hour on the video game system?
Why is it okay for Christians to sit around and complain that they are to busy for God? Is that really possible? If one is to busy for God I would have to wonder how valuable the Lord is to this person? The Lord who gave up everything he had for us, and we are all of a sudden to busy for him! Shame on us!
I wonder how it is that so many families don't want to take the time to have their children grow up in a spiritual environment and yet they some how expect them to grow up and follow Christ. Families who do not want their kids to be "to saved" so to speak. Families where the parents want the kids to know about Christ only enough to save them from hell but that is it. Anything beyond that is just to much work. Is it really possible to act this way? Is it really possible to be saved and not care enough about Christ to grow your relationship with him? Is possible to go through your whole life knowing of all the sacrifices that Christ made, knowing of the grace of God, and yet not caring enough to grow a relationship with him?
Why is it that we are offered to have a relationship with the creator of this universe and yet we prefer to ignore Him? Maybe because it is easier that way. If I do not get to close than there will be little conviction for what I am doing? Maybe if I just sit back and ride through life I can do whatever I want to still go to heaven. Maybe we can. But isn't part of being a Christian having the desire to following Christ? If that desire is over ran by all the desires of the world, than aren't we missing something? It is amazing how we can work so hard to get a house, to have new cars, to go on vacations, to have brand new stuff in our house... and yet it is to much work to grow our relationship with Christ. Shame on us!!!!
What is the sin that so easily entangles???? Maybe laziness, lack of motivation, overworking, selfishness, watching to much television, over eating to fill a emotional "whole".??? What is it??? I have been pondering these questions a lot latley as I search for my sin. I have been convicted about so many things. I do not want to be one of those Christians who find it to much work to get out of bed on Sunday morning, or find it to hard to pray every day. I do not want to be a parent whose kids see right through the hypocrisy and decide they would rather just abandon faith all together than to live a lie. I do not want my kids to see me as a phony. I want to truly love and desire Christ. I want to raise my children to see the love of Christ and for them to experience a full relationship with him. I want to fully experience Christ. I want to get rid of this sin that so easily entangles so that I can run the race with perseverance. I want to fill this high calling... to run the course in the pattern of Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment