I know that we have not had much of a chance to get to know each other since you were born, but I want you to know that I love you so very much. I love you so much that I felt compelled to write you this letter. I noticed that you and I might have a very similar childhoods, so I wanted you to know these things so you can be better prepared for the next few years of your life. Everything that I am about to tell you is between you and me. You must not let anyone know our little secrets (especially your older sister!).
1) During major holidays such as Easter and Christmas WATCH YOUR STUFF! Make sure you do not allow your sister to dump out her Easter egg basket, or her stocking anywhere near yours. You might be asking yourself, why not? She just wants to be close to me… no my dear naive little Brennan, what she is really doing to trying to get as close to your stuff as she can so she can swipe your candy and eggs without you knowing it. Trust me, this is a smooth trick. I am 26 and just found out that your mother used to do this to me!
2) If you make your sister really really mad it is best not to fight back because you will lose! I am sorry to say it is in her genes. The best thing that you can do is run and go hide under your bed. For some reason this was always a safe haven for me.
3) When you get things for Christmas remember that it is YOUR stuff. There is a good possibility that 6 months down the road your sister might try to convince you that what is yours is hers, but HOLD YOUR GROUND. Trust me, go with your gut, if you know that it is yours fight for it.
4) When doing the dishes together always dry, never wash! Just trust me on this one. If you need more details ask your mother.
5) If your sister has a friend over and they try to get to eat something that you are not sure about, DON’T EAT IT! For some reason friends seem to come up with obscure ways to torture younger siblings. Just simply decline their offer and then go hide under your bed.
6) Make sure you give your sister her privacy. Never read her journal, or break into her special things. Even though at the time it might sound like a good idea, it will crush her, and then she will crush you!
7) Most importantly have fun. Your sister could possibly be the best friend that you will ever have. Even though there are some things about her that you might need to watch out for, don’t allow this to get in the way of her being your best friend and play mate. This strong personality has another side, a strong sense of commitment, love and acceptance. She will always protect you from any one who bullies you (after all it is her job not some strangers!). She will be your favorite buddy and playmate. And when you are both grown you will look back on your childhood and have some great memories.
Well Brennan, I hope that this list helps you over the next few years. I love you sweet boy and hope that someday soon I will be able to hold you and kiss that adorable little face of yours.
Aunt
1 comment:
Whatever! You could not ever get under your bed because you always put all your junk under there.
You would just tell Mom and I would get a spanking. You sound so perfect and mistreated. But the truth is...I will just have a letter about it....hmmm..
Post a Comment