Saturday, May 31, 2008

Last Day of School

Thursday was Daniel's last day of his preschool/speech therapy. I am thankful that he will be able to be in this program again next year. He has improved tremendously since he started this program. I am so thankful for it. Thursday night I took the kids to his school for a picnic celebration. He played a ABC game that was like musical chairs, when the music stops they call out three letters and if you are standing on one of the letters you win. It only took Daniel three tries before he won. He was very excited about it.
They also had face painting. Daniel had a double scoop ice cream comb painted on his face.
We paid a $1 a piece to eat a hot dog, drink, crackers, and cookies! What a steal of a deal!


The highlight of the picnic was the Grand Rapids Fire Department came out to talk to the kids and let them play around in the truck. Daniel LOVED this. He got to sit in the drivers seat and pretend to drive the truck. He also got to sit in the back and see some of the equipment. We spent a half hour climbing all over the truck and having a great time learning about fire safety.





We had a really fun night! I love hanging out with my kids.

No comments: