Friday, December 19, 2008
Monica Marie
Tonight at dinner Monica kept wanting food from off my plate. I decided to try bribing her by telling her that is she took one bite of her food I would give her a bite of mine. She thought about it and then took a bite of her food, and then reached out for a bite of mine. I handed her a piece off my plate and immediately she spit out what was in her mouth and began to eat what I gave her. I thought to myself, well my 16 month old outsmarted me, she will not do that again. So the next time she put a piece of food in her mouth I made sure she swallowed it before she got a piece of mine. A little later during the meal she was still struggling eating her food, and I had finished everything on my plate. I told her that she needed to finish what mommy gave her. She kept grabbing for my plate. I thought, well it is empty so there is no harm in letting her have it, then I pushed my plate over toward her. She then proceeded to put everything off her plate onto my plate. When her plate was empty she gave me back my plate. Yes, I was once again outsmarted by my 16 month old. She is so smart and I love seeing her thought processes. What a darling blessing from God our Monica is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment