Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Adventures in potty training- Day 3

Day three of the "cold turkey" potty training was one that I was most worried about. This was a busy day for us as Monica had a doctor's appointment and then in the evening Daniel had a 2 hour open house at his school. I was tempted to put Monica in a pull up and ditch the underwear at these events. Brandon reminded me that we decided to ditch diapers and that we have to see how she does.

So this morning we sat Monica on the potty before we left for her doctor's appointment and she went potty! About an hour and a half later she returned in the same pair of pants she left in. I was so proud of her. I had a brain laps though and did not put her on the potty right after we got home, so she did end up having an accident. This was the first time that she was really upset about having an accident. I got her all cleaned up and told her that she needs to tell mommy when she needs to go potty.

Sure enough soon after I sat her down for lunch she told me she had to go peepee. I swooped her up and sat her on the potty. She went right away! I could not believe she told me she had to go. Throughout the course of the day we continued to work on going, and she did not have an accident all afternoon.

Then came the time I feared, the 2 hour open house. I tried to get Monica to go before we left with no success. About an hour after we got there we took her to the bathroom and she went. I was so proud that once again we had left the house and came home in the same pair of pants. Then after her bath tonight she told daddy that she needed to go potty. Shortly after he sat her on there she pooped! I am so proud of her. It seems that everyday gets a little easier and we get a little bit closer to the status of "potty trained". Let me remind you that this girl one week ago would throw fits if I tried to sit her on the potty, and now she is telling me when she needs to go and actually going.

Summary of day three: 8 potty chart stickers, 6 successful trips to the bathroom, and one accident. GO MONICA!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

Awesome Monica. Marci will you fly out to Boise and train Autumn for a small fee?