Saturday, June 07, 2008

Day of Daniel

Four years ago today my dear son was born. It is hard to believe that I have known him for four years. The time has flown by and he was turned from my little baby boy, into my ever growing kid. I love him so very much, and Brandon and I made every effort to make his special day as special as possible. This morning when he woke up he was surprised to see his first present sitting in the living room. We got him a scooter! He loved it! Then Brandon went out and got him donuts, which is his favorite breakfast. After breakfast we all loaded into the van and took Daniel to garage sales. Garage sales are one of his favorite things to do. We also stopped by a park where he was able to play on a bounce thing, and ride a pony! Also while we were out we stopped by Meijer to pick up the cake he picked out, and he picked out the ice cream that he wanted to go with the cake. Then we went to Party City and got him some balloons. After that we went to his favorite place to eat lunch, Mcdonalds. He got a chicken nugget happy meal, which he was very pleased about. After we got home he spent the afternoon playing in a blow up pool, riding his bike and new scooter, and playing with his friends. Then of course we had cake, ice cream and present time. Daniel had so much fun. Right before bed I sat him on my lap and said "Daniel what what your favorite part of your birthday?" After thinking for a minute he said "EVERYTHING!" I count that as a successful birthday.

















PS. Thanks to all the family who called today and made him feel special!

No comments: