Thursday, June 26, 2008

Family Fun

I woke up Monday morning full of excitement. Is today really the day? I have not seen my sister, brother in law, or their beautiful children in over a year. Ever since we moved to Michigan and they moved to Idaho it has been really hard to try to figure out how we can see each other. Our chance had finally arrived. Brandon and I were in Kansas City visiting family, and Andrea and her family were flying in to attend a youth camp in Arkansas. They were going to be in Kansas City for 1 day. I jumped out of bed, and got myself ready as quickly as possible. Then Brandon and I together got the kids ready. We ate our breakfast, loaded in the van and off we went. I could hardly believe that I was finally going to get to kiss Madelyn, hug Brennan and meet Autumn! After about 40 minutes in the car we drove up to the house where they were staying. In the drive way stood Madelyn. She looked puzzled at our van as if she was wondering who it was driving up the drive way. After parking I got out of the van and yelled "Madelyn come see your Aunt Marci" her face light up like a christmas tree and she came running as fast as she could. She jumped on me, wrapped her skinny little legs around my waist, and her arms around my neck and hugged me so tight. My only response was to cry. What a beautiful moment. I will never forget it! The day continued to get better and better. I got to hold my beautiful Autumn Grace. I got to play with Madelyn and Brennan. I got to talk to Andrea, and hug her neck. We were together for 7 hours, and yet it seemed like just a few minutes. I am not sure when the next time I will see them again is, but at least I have a few precious memories to hold on to!

No comments: