Sunday, June 15, 2008

To My Father

The old saying goes, any one can be a dad, but it takes a real man to be a father. I guess my dad is the manliest man in the world, because he is one GREAT father. Looking at this picture made me ponder my own child hood. Just a few memories that I have of my father are horse back riding in Naivasha, playing in the pool in Kisumu, trips to the Sareit Center in Nairobi, eating at Hong Kong, going to the movies, and christmas shopping in Kisumu. Another great memory that stands out in my mind is we used to go to SMSU Bears games together, and before the game we would always go to Taco Bell where I would get a taco and the nachos with cheese. That was always a special treat! My dad always took time to be with us. No matter what I know I can always count on my father! His love for me has carried over to my children, and they love him so very much. Daniel has special memories with him that I know he will never forget, and I know there are more memories to come. Dad so many years have passed, so many memories have been made. I love you with all my heart, and I wanted to make sure you knew that today!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Ahh..that was a sweet post. Poor Patti, her glasses are bigger than her face. 80)

Ahh...weren't we cutie patooties!