Wednesday, December 08, 2010

My Olivia Leigh is 1 Year Old!!!

My baby turned one today and today was filled with lots of emotions. I cannot believe how quickly this past year has flown by. Olivia has been such a joyful addition to our family. I remember going into the hospital to be induced and waiting and waiting and waiting to see if Olivia would be willing to make her presence in the world. More than 24 hours after entering the hospital Olivia was born with no doctors in the room. That's right, it was almost just me and Brandon but I made him go get the nurse. She seemed annoyed to be called back in after just leaving because according to her I was just barely at 8 centimeters. It was not even 3 seconds after she walked to the room that out onto my bed falls Olivia Leigh. Within a few minutes the room was full of doctors and nurses all complementing how beautiful my baby's red hair was! RED HAIR! Sure enough she had a red tint to her hair. This past year she has grown from a tiny baby into a almost toddler, full of personality. Although most of this year she has struggled to breathe due to her asthma (poor baby) she is generally very happy. She always has a smile for someone to see. All of her teachers in Sunday school and bsf talk about what a joy she is because she is always chatting and smiling at everyone. Today was a very busy day, but in the end we all had a wonderful meal of spaghetti, and we had cake, which Olivia LOVED. I think that she would have eaten the whole thing if I let her. Her big gift of the day is the bounce and spin zebra from babu and shosho. She has enjoyed it so much! Here are a few pictures from her birthday dinner.










No comments: