Thursday, April 07, 2011
Couponing
A couple of years ago we had friends over to the house and for the first time I heard the word "couponing" I asked "what is that?" The concept of going to the store and getting things for little to nothing was foreign to me and I have to admit I did not really believe it was possible. Over the past few years I have become friends with several couponer and each of them tell me with a little bit of research and organization you can be getting products for a fraction of their retail costs. After moving here a friend of mine explained in details what it meant to be couponer. I decided to start looking for opportunities to use coupons. My first try out of the gate I went and bought 6 boxes of cereal retailed at around $4.00/piece. I found the cereal on sale for $1.99/box and I had a coupon for $1.00/off 2 so I was able to get the cereal for $1.49/box. I also found Lysol products on sale buy one get one free. I had $1 any 2 Lysol product and I was told even though the second product is free it still counts toward the coupon requirements, so really it was like getting $1 off 1 and getting the second one free. So instead of paying $4.30 per cleaner I was paying $1.65 a piece. Also I found toothpaste on sale for .99 cents and I had a coupon for $1 off one toothpaste so I really made a penny on each one of my toothpastes.
Since that first trip I have found more good tooth paste sales and have gotten these tubes either free or for 50 cents a piece.
My greatest couponing effort came when I had a couple of buy one get one free coupons. CVS does this thing where you get extra bucks back on certain products that you buys. What that means is that they say if you buy a product for $4 they will give you $2 in extra bucks. You pay the $4 up front but then you get a coupon at the bottom of your receipt that is worth $2 on your next shopping trip. So with my extra bucks and my coupons I walked out of the store will all the following product with $4 in my pocket. That's right, I got it all free and ended up with $4 left over. What a high that was! These are all product my family uses on a daily basis, so I am thrilled that instead of paying $25 for all of these I walked away with the store giving me $4 to take them out. Since then I have bought 2 bottles of tums with a coupons $5 off 2, and my extra bucks making it where I bought 2 bottles of tums retailed at around $12 for $1.28. I am heading to the store tonight and I am planning on getting some dish soap and toothbrushes and other products I have see in the ad. I have not extended my couponing into groceries but I am working on it. I am so thankful that I have found a way to save my family money!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
GOOD JOB, MARCI!!!
Post a Comment