There is one song that when I hear it whether it be on the radio or in church that I cannot hear without getting teary. It has the same effect on me everytime. I just love the truth that rings through each line. When I hear it I think through my life, and the lives of my family members and it brings me to a point of humble prayer. Here are the lyrics for those who may not know this song. Even just reading them is powerful to me.
Blessed be your name.
Blessed be your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name
Blessed be your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name
Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name
Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name
Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name
Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, Blessed be your name
I have been thinking about this song since we sang it at church this morning. It is funny how songs can bring out so many diffrent emotions. There is a hymn that everytime I hear it is hard to sing it without remembering Kenya. I can just hear the kenyan people singing it and it is hard for me to sing without wanting to do so in a kenyan accent. And when I think of the words again am thrown back into a state of humble prayer. This time for the Kenyan people and for my parents as they try to raise support to go back and continue thier ministry there.
There Is A Fountain
1. There is fountain filled with blood
Drawn from Emmanuel’s veins;
And sinners plunged beneath that flood
Lose all their guilty stains.
2. The dying thief rejoiced to see
That fountain in his day;
And there may I, though vile as he,
Wash all my sins away.
3. Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious blood
Shall never lose its power
’Til all the ransomed church of God
Be saved to sin no more.
4. E’er since, by faith, I saw the stream
Thy flowing wounds supply,
Redeeming love has been my theme,
And shall be ’til I die.
5. When this poor lisping, stammering tongue
Lies silent in the grave,
Then in a nobler, sweeter song,
I’ll sing Thy pow’r to save.
Music is such a wonderful way to worship the Lord. I had been thinking about these songs since our worship service this morning. I always enjoy worshiping our Lord through music.
1 comment:
I really needed the first song tonight. My heart was breaking and it hit the spot. I even had to write it out as praise on my own blog. So thanks for it.
As I walk through the desert place...Blessed BE YOUR NAME!
Post a Comment