Thursday, November 27, 2008

Our Trip to the East Coast

Last week we went to a ETS conference that was in Providence RI. We had a good time out on the East Coast. Here are a few pictures of Boston. This is the Old State House.

This is City Hall.

This is Feneuil Hall.


The Appalachian Mountains were very beautiful to drive through.
We went to Plymouth and saw Plymouth rock and got to Tour the Mayflower II. No one really knows what happened to the original Mayflower. In the 1950s they rebuilt the boat and sailed it from Plymouth England to Plymouth Massachusetts. This is a picture of Daniel sitting at the table in the captain quarters.

This is one of the cots that were down under the deck. There were only a couple dozen of these. I cannot believe this boat held over 100 people!
This is the Mayflower II.

This is where plymouth rock is.
This is a picture of Plymouth rock. When we told Daniel we were going to see a rock he said "Mom is it a BIG BIG rock." I said "No", he said "Is it a pretty rock?" I said "no" he said "is it a rock from outer space?" I said "no" he said "then why do we want to go see a rock?" I tried to explain to him the significance of this rock, but I am not sure he understood it. So here is the rock, it is not pretty, big or from outer space, but it is a symbol of our begins here.

No comments: