Friday, September 10, 2010
My Daniel
It is always a joy as a parent to see the Lord working in the life of your child. I have seen God working in Daniel's life over the past couple of years. He seems to have a desire to know more about the bible and loves learning his scripture verses. The last couple of weeks Daniel has had a real problem with complaining and back talking. It has been hard on me having him complain so much at every little thing I ask him to do. A couple of days ago I sat him down and read to him out of Philippians 2 where is says "therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. Do all things without grumbling or questioning," After I read it I looked at my son and he was looking down at his lap with tears in his eyes. He said to me "mom I did not know that the bible said that about complaining. I think that I should pray and ask God to forgive me and help me not complain anymore." His conviction to this passage also convicted my heart and we both prayed together asking God to help us be continent and not complain. What a sweet moment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment