Saturday, March 19, 2011

Daniel's First soccer game

This Spring we fulfilled Daniel's dream by signing him up for soccer. He LOVES to play soccer and has begged us for the past 2 years to let him play. After moving here we thought he was at a good age to start, so we looked into fall leagues. The fall really snuck up on us and we did not get him signed up in time. We told him that we would look at Spring soccer. So when spring rolled around we signed him up!

Today was the first game of the season and it was an away game. We drove about 15 minutes from our house to the fields and Daniel had a nervous look on his face the whole time. The last few days have had beautiful weather but today was SOOOO COLD. I did not even think of the fact that Daniel is going to be taking off his jacket and running around in the cold in a t-shirt. Thankfully a seasoned soccer mom told me her trick and I put Daniel's jacket under his jersey.

Daniel mostly played forward and he did a great job. He even had 3 pretty good shots on goal. One of his shots I was sure was a goal but their goalie got to it just in time. I was so proud of him and loved watching him. As Brandon and I stood on the sidelines each holding one of our two freezing grumpy girls we smiled as each other realizing that we have entered another stage of parenthood, organized sports. We were so proud of him. His team ended up losing 3-1. I look forward to the rest of the season. GOOOOO RAPTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!



Daniel practicing before the game.

Stretching with his team.
GO DANIEL!!!!!!

Of course at this age there is always a little bit of swarm ball.
The whole team on the bench after the game.



2 comments:

Richell said...

Yea Dan!!! :)

T Mom said...

Adorable!