Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

On Thursday morning I took the kids on a field trip to a farm/pumpkin patch. We were going with the Soul Care group, which is the bible study group of seminary wives. The agenda for the day was go to the farm, go on a hay ride, get a pumpkin, and see animals. But before we did any of that we had to try to make sure everyone was dressed warm enough to be outside for 2 hours in 31 degree weather! Even though I dressed the kids very warm it did not take long for us all to get very cold outside. Despite the coldness the kids had a great time. Monica was so tired after the whole ordeal that she fell asleep in the car and did not wake up when I took her out and put her to bed. That NEVER happens. She is a very light sleeper.
Here are the kids in the car waiting to go. We had to scrap off a thin layer of ice from the dew.

Monica on the hay ride.
Daniel and Monica on the hay ride.
The kids waiting to have their donut and apple cider. The cider was very good. I bought a gallon of it and brought it home! I love the holidays!
Daniel found his perfect pumpkin pretty quickly. Monica on the other hand was much more selective. She walked all the way down the row of pumpkins check them all out before she chose the one she wanted. Near the end of the line she saw her perfect pumpkin about 3 rows in. When she found the one she wanted she picked it up and immediately put it in her mouth.
Monica loved the animals. They had goats, rabbits, peacocks, chickens, and deer.


Daniel's favorite part was the corn maze. He loved being able to chose which way we went to try to get out. When we did finally make it out of the maze I looked at Daniel and said "Do you want to do it again?" His face lite up and he smiled very big and yelled "yeah!!!" So we went through it again. This time Monica was not such a happy camper. She was getting tired, so I carried her most of the way through the maze. It was fun seeing Daniel having so much fun!
Daniel in the corn maze.


Monica trying to keep up on the corn maze.



No comments: